Rebuilding Christchurch with Amazing Ideas CN L3
WALT consistently read to understand the meaning of the text
When I am reading I will:
- Read texts through more than once so I understand it really well.
- Use my knowledge of words to work out how to read difficult words.
- Read topic sentences at the start of paragraphs to see what the paragraph is about.
- Skim and scan for keywords to help me understand what the text is about.
- Use the my knowledge of the text and words, or a dictionary, to work out the meaning of difficult words.
- Ask myself questions about the text, especially if I do not understand it.
- Ask a buddy or teacher for help if I am stuck.
Read the text - Rebuilding Christchurch with Amazing Ideas
For each subheading from the article listed below, record what you think the main idea is after reading the text.
My understanding of the main idea…..
The Amazing Place City Project
It will be cool but who comes up with the ideas
We need some kids help design this is going to be where they live soon and also we need to get kids like 10 -18 years old
Is cool but we need to look at the real build, is it possible ?
Making It Sustainable
Those big kori’s will be hard to waterproof make waterprof
Fun and Science
It was fun but we need stuff for the kids to play and run around
Can you apply your understanding of this article now.
Can you think about a project for Oaklands School that could be included in our “Dream Big” ideas. Work in a group of 2 -3.
Add your ideas and information in the table below.
Cool sitting spaces new carpet
Indoor basketball\gym court
Allowed to climb trees
Outdoor spaces to learn
Draw your design (google drawing)
How could it be sustainable?
Concrete and timber from pine trees.
Make a model of it. (What equipment will you need to gather?)